When I dream of getting away to an island, swimming and relaxing by the pool, some of the first things that come to mind are delicious cocktails and fresh tropical fruit. Pineapple, mango, passionfruit, dragonfruit, papaya and watermelon make part of my staple diet when I’m on holidays away from it all. They really are the icons of summer and the relaxing times that come along with it.
To create a little of that holiday island feel this summer, even while staying at home, I’ve got the perfect cider based cocktail for you all.
Using 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Cider, which keeps it crispy and fresh, this cocktail is easy to make. Being lower in sugar is a bonus, but with the delicious fruity flavours of this drink, who even cares!
Using super sweet pineapples and zingy passionfruit to set the holiday scene, this refreshing drink will have you relaxing in a holiday bliss in no time.
Perfect with or without a pool by your side.
ROASTED IN THE TROPICS
Makes 4 Jam Jars
2 chilled bottles of 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Cider
1 super sweet pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
1 lime, juiced
Fresh mint sprigs
Extra pineapple for slices, an extra lime for slices and additional fresh mint.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Line a tray with baking paper. Lay pineapple chunks on the tray. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the pineapple is just beginning to turn a darker yellow and feels softened (but not mushy). Turn off heat. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
2. Place the pineapple and lime juice in a blender or small food processor and blend together.
TIP: if you don’t have these appliances, you could use a stick blender, cocktail muddler or simply mash with a fork.
3. Put the pulp of a passionfruit at the base of each jam jar.
4. Divide the blended roasted pineapple pulp into quarters and spoon into the four jars.
5. “Clap” a few sprigs of fresh mint in your hands, releasing the flavour and aroma of the mint. Put into the four jam jars.
6. Top with ice, pour 1/2 a bottle of cider into each jam jar and stir to combine.
7. Garnish and serve.
Take a giant sip, close your eyes and imagine you’re in a tropical oasis!
The 5 Seeds Lower Sugar Cider was a gift to Tipple & Fodder and I have chosen to share my recipe for Roasted in the Tropics simply because it tastes delicious and I know you'll all love it.
A Little Note About Gifted/Sponsored Products and Posts
Tipple & Fodder is committed to a high standard of integrity and quality. As such I do not endorse or share products I wouldn't use myself. In essence, if a product is not of a good quality and I wouldn't use or purchase it myself, then you won't see it in my recipes.
Please remember to share photos on Instagram by tagging @tippleandfodder and using the hashtags #tippleandfodderinspired and/or #tippleandfodderrecipes. We love seeing our recipes come to life!
Follow @tippleandfodder on Instagram for more foodie finds and inspiration to tickle your tastebuds.
If you have any venues, variations or recipes you'd like me to feature, please pop onto Instagram and follow @tippleandfodder to leave suggestions on my posts, or send me an email letting me know what recipe or foodie travel post you'd love to see on the blog.
Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for foodie reviews, travel, recipes, dinner parties and as I eat my way around Sydney's Inner West and beyond!
All Blog previews will be advertised via Instagram.
For all enquires please email: firstname.lastname@example.org